$294.00 – $375.00
Veterinarian, Vet Tech and Other Team Members
Clinical Pathology 101: Magnify Your Diagnostic and Internal Medicine Skills
July 10-11, 2021 │ Rick Alleman, DVM, PhD, DABVP, DACVP and Guillermo Couto, DVM, DACVIM (Internal Medicine and Oncology) │ Embassy Suites Brooks Hotel and Spa │ San Antonio, TX
All Veterinary Team Members Welcome
Clinical Pathology, Simplified
This comprehensive course encompasses a wide array of laboratory diagnostics with emphasis on application in a small animal private practice setting. This weekend will focus on hematology, cytology, oncology, biochemical profiles, and urinalysis. Join us for informative and interactive sessions, which will include traditional lectures, case-based presentations, and occasional bad jokes from old friends and accomplished speaking duo, Dr. Rick Alleman and Dr. Guillermo Couto.
We will follow any COVID-related guidelines for health and safety which may be in effect at the time of the event, as set forth by the CDC and local officials. All event participants will be expected to do the same. We will keep you closely updated as the event approaches.
- interpretation of the hemogram and dot plots
- blood smear evaluation with emphasis of clinically relevant morphological changes
- tissue aspiration cytology of tumors, lymph nodes and other important organs and body fluids
- evaluation of urine and urine sediment
The combined areas of expertise for the presenters include hematology, cytology, oncology, internal medicine and vector-borne diseases. Utilize the skills you learn this weekend to begin improving the lives of canine and feline patients in your practice as soon as you return.
- Ten hours CE*
- One additional hour CE if lunch and learn session offered/attended
- Welcome packet
- Made-to-order Breakfast Saturday/Sunday, chef-prepared lunch Saturday, refreshments, and snacks
- Digital proceedings are provided via USB
*This program is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 10 CE Credits, with a maximum of 10 CE Credits being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician. This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: medical program, using the delivery method of seminar/lecture. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements.
RACE Program number: 20-748229
- Through December 31, 2020: $325/244
- January 1, 2021 through May 9, 2021: $375/294
- May 10, 2021 through July 9, 2021: $425/319
- Onsite Registration: $475/369
Location and Accommodations
Embassy Suites Brooks Hotel and Spa
7610 S. New Braunfels Ave
San Antonio, TX 78235
- Visit sunny vacation destination, San Antonio, TX! San Antonio is home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Riverwalk, popular restaurants, parks, and shopping. Known for our food, San Antonio also proudly carries the title, UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy!
- This sparkling, all-suite venue features indulgent spa services, a Starbucks onsite, complimentary made-to-order breakfast daily, and a complimentary happy hour nightly!
- Free wifi
- Free parking
- Group Rate from $119/night
- Reserve early for best rate
$294.00 – $375.00