Saving Lives: A Complete Guide to Canine and Feline Cancer
$289.00 – $375.00
Erika Krick, VMD, DACVIM (Oncology) and Pascale Salah, DVM, MS/DrPh, DACVIM (Oncology)│In Person or Online Workshop
Saving Lives: A Complete Guide to Canine and Feline Cancer
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY December 3-4, 2021
Erika Krick, VMD, DACVIM (Oncology) and Pascale Salah, DVM, MS/DrPh, DACVIM (Oncology) │In Person OR Online
All Veterinary Team Members Welcome!
Updated 8/4/2021: Choose the experience that fits you best! Attend in person for an immersive weekend loaded with special extras. Or attend online for convenience and the comfort of home.
In this 2-day comprehensive workshop, we’ll learn how the latest advances in cancer research have made the once haunting diagnosis more treatable than ever. Expert oncologists and communication specialists, Erika Krick, DVM, DACVIM (Oncology) and Pascale Salah, DVM, MS/DrPh, DACVIM (Oncology) will walk us through the most common canine and feline cancers. Advice for early recognition, rapid diagnosis, ranking treatment options, and assessing prognosis will be provided.
Attendees will also come away with invaluable guidance for communicating with clients about their pet’s diagnosis. Hear Dr. Krick and Dr. Salah’s recommendations for delivering the news, providing options, and supporting clients through each step of the decision-making and treatment process.
- 11 Hours CE – earn your CE in person or tune in live online through Zoom!
- Understand the most common canine and feline cancers
- How to fight cancer as a general practitioner
- Practice a diagnostic decision tree
- Are your life expectancy estimates still accurate?
- How have recent medical breakthroughs changed our ability to treat cancer?
- Surgical oncology – learning the art of the perfect biopsy
- Managing oncologic emergencies
- Avoiding compassion fatigue – presented by special guest speaker, Cheryl Stewart, MS, PLGRS-C
Both veterinarians and veterinary technicians are welcome for this comprehensive in-person or online workshop!
In person seating is strictly limited to 100 individuals! Register early to save your seat!
We will follow any COVID-related guidelines for health and safety which may be in effect at the time of the event, as set forth by the CDC and local officials. All event participants will be expected to do the same. We will keep you closely updated as the event approaches.
- To review the Venue’s policies for safety, cleanliness, and reservation modifications, click here.
- To review LSVA’s cancellation and refund policies, click here.
Holidays at the Riverwalk
This program is exciting and different than our typical events! In our opinion, there’s no better time to visit the Riverwalk than during the Holidays. That’s why we’re hosting this special event in the heart of the action, with a first-rate venue and schedule designed to maximize your ability to enjoy San Antonio!
Special Event Features:
- Optimized Schedule: Talk with our subject-matter experts Friday and Saturday 8 am to 3pm. Then spend your free-time exploring the beautifully decorated Riverwalk, enjoying an award-winning restaurant, or attending one of the many area holiday events.
- Location: The Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk. This 4-star venue places you directly on the banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk. Step directly from the beautiful lobby onto the Riverwalk, where restaurants, live music, shopping, the Aquarium, the Alamo and more are there at your fingertips! If you’d rather dine in, try the award-winning onsite restaurant, Range by Chef Jason Dady.
- Marathon Weekend: Like running? Register for Sunday’s Rock & Roll Marathon! The course will run directly past our event venue.
- Flexibility: Can’t make it to San Antonio? Attend the live broadcast online through Zoom! Even online, you’ll be able to ask questions directly to our speakers and chat with other online attendees.
- Eleven hours CE – in person or online
- Environment designed to minimize stress and facilitate group interaction and discussion
- Chef prepared breakfast and lunch, plus unlimited refreshments and snacks
- included for all in-person attendees
- Digital proceedings are provided via email or USB
**This program is approved by the AAVSB RACE to offer a total of 11 CE Credits, with a maximum of 11 CE Credits being available to any individual veterinarian or veterinary technician. This RACE approval is for the subject matter categories of: medical program, using the delivery method of lecture/seminar and interactive distance. This approval is valid in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE; however, participants are responsible for ascertaining each board’s CE requirements. RACE Course Number: 20-875794
Location and Accommodations
Savor the sights, sounds, and flavors of the holidays at the Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX! San Antonio is also home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites, popular restaurants, parks, and shopping. Known for our food, San Antonio proudly carries the title, UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy!
Are you a runner? Stick around after the conference for the Rock and Roll Marathon! You’ll be perfectly located along the path of the race.
Venue: Embassy Suites San Antonio Riverwalk Downtown, 125 E Houston St. San Antonio, TX 78205
Or, choose a virtual-only registration to attend online through Zoom!
- Group Rate from $189/night
- Reserve early for best rate
- Update 8/4/21: Only 16 rooms remain in the LSVA Room Block!
*Please book as early as possible, as rooms will sell out for this holiday weekend at the Riverwalk
Click here to view additional information about the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk Hotel
Welcome Erika Krick, VMD, DACVIM (Oncology) and Pascale Salah, DVM, MS/DrPh, DACVIM (Oncology)
Meet Erika Krick, VMD, DACVIM
Dr. Krick graduated from Swarthmore College in 1998 and the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 2002 Summa Cum Laude. She completed a rotating internship and medical oncology residency at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine and has been a board certified medical oncologist since 2007. She was on faculty at Penn from 2009 to 2017 and joined Mount Laurel Animal Hospital full time in 2017. Her primary research interests are feline lymphoma, cancer cachexia, and mast cell tumors, and her primary teaching focus is communication skills. While she was at Penn she designed, implemented, and published the results of clinical trials that evaluated novel approaches to cancer treatment in cats and dogs. She lives in New Jersey and enjoys spending time with her family and trying to convince her husband that they need more cats.
Meet Pascale Salah, DVM, MS/DrPh, DACVIM
Pascale Salah, Dr. vet. med., DACVIM (oncology) is currently an associate professor of clinical oncology at the University of Pennsylvania and has been part of the Comprehensive Cancer Care Center since 2007. Dr. Salah received her veterinary degree from the University of Hannover, Germany in 1999. She
came to the US in 2001 where she first completed clinical research and then started her training to become a board certified oncologist, which she completed in 2007. Her areas of clinical interest include the better understanding of resistance in dogs with lymphoma, the comprehensive approach to cancer treatment, and improving the quality of life for dogs and cats undergoing cancer care. In her free times she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and with her crazy but loveable dog Enzo.
- Through June 8, 2021: $325/244
- June 8, 2021 through October 3, 2021: $375/294
- October 3, 2021 through Dec 2, 2021: $425/319
- Onsite Registration: $475/369
- Virtual Only Registration: $289
Register to See Why Our Attendees Love LSVA!
Top notch, fantastic. I was really dreading this because I dislike CE environments but really enjoyed.
I learned SO much about myself and feel empowered to make real changes in my life.
I felt it was very well organized and I felt taken care of. Julie was an excellent speaker and I enjoyed the content very much.
I couldn’t imagine the program running any smoother.
More dates! More events! Love these and I will be back! THANK YOU!
Excellent conference!!! Much more intimate than the large conferences.
I love that we wrote and expressed rather than just taking in material. This was interactive for real.
It was such a well thought out conference. Well done.
Veterinarian, Vet Tech and Other Team Members, Virtual Only